Veteran’s Villas Escondido
1540 South Escondido Blvd., Escondido, CA 92025
This community is designed as a 53-unit new construction mixed use affordable housing
development for qualified homeless veteran individuals and/or Veteran households that meet the
California State definition of Homeless. Applicants must first take a VI-SPDAT test and qualify
through the CES system before beginning the paperwork for residency. Please call the above
number for full details.
The residential units will consist of twelve (12) one-bedroom units, thirty -six (36) two
bedrooms and (5) three-bedroom units.
Veteran’s Villas of Escondido will include the following Community Amenities:
- Handicap Accessible
- Central Laundry Facility
- Smoke Free Community
- 24 Hour Emergency Maintenance
- On Site Parking Available
- No Pets (Excludes Assistive Animals)
- All Utility included in the rent
- Near Public Transportation
- Near local shopping businesses
- Near local restaurants and fast food locations
Onsite Comprehensive Resident Support Services:
- A therapist on site
- Scheduled group support meetings
- AA, & parenting, financial literacy
- Other life skills classes
- Case management will help refer out and connect residents to:
- Application assistance as needed
- Employment programs
- Job training programs
- Child support and custody services
- entitlement programs
- Medicare/Medi-Cal: Medi-Cal Managed Care, Low-Income Subsidies (QMB, SLMB), Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Plan (SPDAP), Open Enrollment, Medicare Advantage Plan (enrollment/disenrollment), Medicare Supplemental Policies
- Health Care: Assistive Devices (chairs, scooters, walkers, canes), Diabetes Supplies (meters, shots), Home Health Services
- Nutrition: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Cal fresh (Food Stamps), Meals on Wheels/Senior Nutrition Program
- California Telephone Access Program (CTAP), Low-cost phone Services, Energy Assistance (HEAP), Emergency preparedness, Transportation: Senior Transportation and Resources (STAR), VTA Para-Transit, Bus Pass/Gas Cards/ Van Rides, Taxi Access
- Legal: Power of Attorney, Advance Directives, Notary Public, Help with Federal and State Income Taxes, Financial Assistance Program
- Voting: Registration, Absentee Ballot
- Adult day programs
- Program of All-Inclusive Care for the elderly (PACE)
Veteran’s Villas of Escondido will comply with Federal Fair Housing laws, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation
Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regarding reasonable accommodations. Veterans
Villas of Escondido will consider reasonable accommodation requests from applicants and residents and
will work diligently to ensure equal opportunity housing for individuals with disabilities.
PET POLICY/PET DEPOSIT
1. There is a no pet policy at Veteran’s Villas of Escondido. (Service and Assistive animals will be exempt
from this policy and will not be required to furnish a pet deposit)
Address & Contact Info
BRAND NEW COMMUNITY OPEN
Call to apply.
Steps to become a resident at Veterans Villas of Escondido:
- All applicants must first take the VI-SPDAT test and qualify through the CES system before beginning
the paperwork for residency. (A list of locations and contact information has been attached at the end
of this packet)
- After being approved through the VI-SPDAT testing all applicants will be assigned to a housing
coordinator. Your housing coordinator will acquire all necessary paperwork for the application and
assist in filling out any documentation you may have questions on.
- Applications will be taken on a first come, first served basis. We kindly ask that you contact us
immediately with any changes to your contact information so we may update our records accordingly.
The management team will invite you to the office to conduct an interview with you. During this
interview, we will begin the verification process to make sure that you meet our qualifications.
- At the time of the interview you are required to pay a non-refundable application-processing fee of
- Be prepared to wait a minimum of 2 weeks for the application process.