Cathedral Plaza Apartments
1551 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Cathedral Plaza was created jointly by the Diocese of San Diego and The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to serve low income senior citizens 62 years of age or older. This 223 unit non-smoking hi-rise building was developed in 1970 through a HUD Section 236 loan and is located at 1551 Third Avenue in Downtown San Diego, CA. The property offers residents two full-time on-site service coordinators that are responsible for coordinating social activities, arranging transportation to various appointments and serving as a resident advocate. Cathedral Plaza is sponsored by Catholic Charities and is a Non-Profit 501c(3) Corporation.
- 150 studio apartments
- 72 one bedroom apartments
- 24 hour on site management
- 24 hour emergency maintenance
- Two full-time on-site service coordinators that organize social activities, arrange for transportation to various appointments and serve as a resident advocate
- Gated community with secure parking for a limited number of cars
- Computer center with six computers
- Modern coin operated laundry room
- Recreation room
- Exercise room
- Vending machines
- Laminate wood flooring
- Modern smoke detectors
- Units are pre-wired for cable television
- Help switch for emergencies
- Vertical blinds
Address & Contact Info
1551 Third Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Contact: Diana Hartford
Hours: (M-F) 8:00 A.M – 4:00 P.M.
Occupancy Status: Call for availability.
Low-income Senior apt in San Diego is accepting applications for studio and 1- bedroom apts. One person in household must be 62+ yrs. Must meet HUD low-income limits. Contact Cathedral Plaza, 1551 Third Ave., San Diego, CA, 92101 (619) 234-0093. All apps must be
completed in full to be eligible for placement on wait list. Placement is based on date & time fully-completed app is rcvd.
EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY